HLF have a number of different grant programmes – Funding for all kinds of heritage projects
Heritage in Neighbourhood Plans
Neighbourhood plans provide a good opportunity to develop policies to help conserve heritage, ensure that it remains in productive use, and realise its potential for delivering social and economic benefits and creating and maintaining distinctive and sustainable neighbourhoods.
Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) believes that historic buildings are crucial to the development of local economies.
Awards for All – Small Lottery grants of between £300 and £10,000 available
Art & Culture
Arts Council of England – are looking for organisations, artists, events, initiatives and others to apply for our funding
Bright Ideas – grants for community assets and community businesses will help community groups/organisations get established as a community business (legal fees, registration fees etc.); training; knowledge and skills exchange; reasonable fees incurred in developing your community business idea (community engagement, market research, etc.).
Community Business Fund – is aimed at existing locally controlled community businesses that need funding for a business development project to make their organisation more sustainable.
Cumbria County Council
Community grants are available from Cumbria County Council for voluntary, not for profit and community groups for community based projects which meet one of the council priorities (2016-2019)
- To safeguard children and support families and schools so that all children in Cumbria can grow up in a safe environment, and can fulfil their potential.
- To support older, disabled and vulnerable people to live independent and healthy lives.
- To enable communities to help shape their local services, promote health and wellbeing and support those in poverty.
- To provide a safe and well managed highways network, secure infrastructure improvements and support local economic growth.
- To be a modern and efficient council.